6.28.2009

Am I Making Excuses?

Maybe. Probably. But if that's the case, it's because I feel like you've backed me into a corner and I need an out.

I live my life my own way, on my own terms, and on my own time. I strive to live up to my own personal standards and values. I make my own decisions, and I have to take responsibility for those and live with the consequences.

I see it as one of my greatest strengths. But maybe it's a fatal character flaw. Only time will tell, and I will be the judge. If there's a change to be made, I'll be the one to make the decision. To make a change, I have to want a change first. And right now I don't.

All that I ask is that those around me understand and accept that. It's too bad my friends haven't figured that out yet. I'm getting tired of their questions, their guilt-trips, and their criticisms.

Time to take a deep breathe, press the "reset" button, and try it all again tomorrow.

No comments: