8.04.2008

Program Not Responding

The world gave me a sunny day today. A day filled with the potential for fun, adventure, excitement, and beauty. And what did I do?

I wasted it in my apartment. I slept in. I went to the mall to pick a few things up, and returned home. And then I had a nap, surfed the web, had another nap, watched some TV, and now I'm blogging.

Yesterday I made a list of things I wanted to get done today. There were 5 things on the list. I've only done one of them.

The pool is rather inviting today. But it's across the courtyard and I can't be bothered to go out in the sun to get there. Besides which, that's the kind of thing that's more fun with friends, and most of mine are at work today.

I guess maybe I needed some time to myself to relax. But I feel like I need more time, especially to do all those things I didn't do today.

But instead of making up for wasted time, I'll be going back to work tommorrow.

I have become a mindless automaton, marching to the beat of a corporate drum, and becoming lifeless when that drum stops beating.

I love the summer, but at the same time I can't wait for the seasons to change.

No comments: