6.26.2007

Did Pinhead Take Fish Oil Too?

I went for my first visit to a naturopath and accupuncturist today. It was quite the experience. Sitting in an armchair with little pins stuck in your face and hands is an interesting way to spend 10 minutes. It doesn't hurt much, although a few spots on my face were a little sensitive when the pins initially went in. Afterwards, though, I'm still feeling strange sensitive sensations in all the spots where the pins were stuck. Perhaps my chi is realigning itself? My stomache feels a bit funny too, but that's probably hunger. And it's a good thing I'm not squeamish about needles anymore.

In any case, I'm happy with my decision to try this out as a solution to my allergies, although I'm a little concered with all the supplements the doc prescribed. Part of my reasoning in persuing alternate means of allergy treatment was to try to avoid spending too much money on pills that didn't help. Instead, I now have 3 different natural supplements to take. The difference between a supplement and a pill? One is made from natural ingredients. But I can't say I'm really excited to be spending a ton of money on hippie-friendly pills instead of the chemical kind. And I'm skeptical that if the chemical pills don't help why should the supplements be any different?

In any case, I'm going to continue having pins stuck in me and see how it goes, but I'm going to try and slowly weasel my way out of all the supplements.

Ideally, somebody would come up with a magic cure to my problem. But since there's no such thing, I guess the magic of chinese medicine will have to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Part of my reasoning in persuing alternate means of allergy treatment was to try to avoid spending too much money on pills that didn't help. Instead, I now have 3 different natural supplements to take..."

Quack medicine free or cheap? No way, chino. No tickee no raundry.

|:::lockan:::| said...

Oh no, you misunderstood me. I don't expect cheap treatment. I expect to pay for treatment, I just want to be getting some results for what I'm paying.

Besides, my extended medical covers everything but the supplements, so I'm basically breaking even.

Anonymous said...

Well hey, see what happens. Good luck.