1.31.2007

Runs in the family...

My sister just made an interesting post in which she draws attention to a "grey area" that surrounds any issue.

Anybody who knows me will know that, like my sister, I tend to gravitate to that same "grey area". I'm not argumentative; I usually end up coming off as stubborn, or people misunderstand my motives. And often I'm simply accused of being indecisive or unopinionated, which isn't the case at all.

In any case, go here and read the post. Most especially, the second(ish) paragraph about spin doctors, english class, and bullshitting.

My sister and I may be two very different people, but we're also very alike. We come from the same blood, after all. And we have the same oddball parents.

No news on the job front yet. Though I am noticing a disturbing trend with companies: they like to tell you they'll call on a certain day at a certain time for a certain reason, and then string you along for days or even weeks and make you sit around waiting for a phone call that isn't coming. I have a life too, Corporate World. I have better things to do than wait for you to call me. If you say you'll call, do it. Frankly, I'm finding this behaviour very unprofessional on the part of those guilty parties.

No comments: