3.01.2008

In Case You Don't Hear From Me...

I'm leaving to meet my landlord for dinner 15 minutes from now. He's treating us (my roommate and I) to steak at the Keg.

He's been trying to arrange this dinner since before christmas. We've had to cancel a few times for various reasons. But he's persistent and keeps trying to reschedule. He's a very nice guy, but the idea of dinner with your landlord is just a little bit strange. Not only does if cross the imaginary professional relationship barrier, but what could we possibly even have to discuss over dinner?

I figure we'll go tonight, get it over with, and be done with it, and hopefully not have to think about it again. And maybe I can convince him to get somebody in to fix the seals on my windows.

In any case, if you haven't heard from me in 24 hours, it means I've been murdered and ended up as the Keg's feature special of the week. Should this happen, please inform my family.

_____

UPDATE: We didn't make it to the Keg, so I'm still alive. We had agreed on a 6pm dinner, which got pushed to 6:30pm, and then to 7pm. And of course the landlord didn't take into account that it would be busy on a saturday, so we would have had to wait until 8pm to eat. We didn't want to wait that long, so we cancelled at the last minute and rescheduled for later in the week. I'd like to be happy that we've postponed this dinner since I'm not really excited about it, but I'd rather just get the whole thing over with.

No comments: